Here is something I don’t see everyday! A Pierce chronograph. The movement is not preforming very well and the second hand resets randomly.
Pretty cool looking case, with 4 screws that hold the case back in place.
That’s pretty different from anything else!
I start taking apart the chronograph layer while the movement is still in the case.
I’m almost down to the base movement.
I have removed the dial and you can see the winding/setting mechanism.
Plenty of old dirt and solidified grease lying around.
Here you can see the gear train layout.
Old mainspring in the barrel.
I now prepare the case to be sent away to Replateit in Canada. Here I have removed the pusher buttons.
It’s a pretty nifty construction where all three tubes have threads that hold a washer in place, the washers then secure the gaskets into the tube.
Movement has been cleaned and is ready to be put back together.
I fit a new mainspring into the barrel.
I put the winding/setting mechanism back together.
Base movement coming together.
I fit the balance and the movement starts ticking.
That’s not bad at all!
The case arrives from Canada looking great! I fit new gaskets in the pendant and pusher tubes.
I fit the dial onto the movement and then fit the movement into the case. I find it easier to put the chronograph layer back together like this.
Chronograph parts coming together with the movement in the case.
The Pierce 134 has a clutch for the central second recorder. The original material has as usual turned to dust. But a bit of rubber and super glue makes a perfect clutch pad!
The chronograph almost back together.
After a lot of adjusting, it finally works like it should!
Funky movement for sure!
One last issue is that the tube of the second recorder hand is looser. I solder it in place.
I find a shade that matches the original shade of red.
Very cool looking watch!