Finally we are seeing some real progress towards a completed workshop!;) The original floor was designed to cary animal waste down to a corner and out of the building. The easiest way to ensure a level floor plan is to construct a frame. On the photo to the left you can see we put down a second membrane (can’t be too careful) We have also bolted the joists to the floor with steel brackets as we don’t want any future sagging.
We also fit insulating material between the timber, leaving an air gap underneath that should prevent any moisture building up.
We use 22mm chipboards as the new floor surface.
Over to the ceiling, you can see we have made space for a latch.
Reinforced framework Hillbilly edition.
Fitting the plasterboards is a real pain in the neck!
A peek in the attic. I will lay down insulation once the electrician is done.
I’m happy to finally have a celling over my head! It will look superb once the plasterer has done it’s magic.
The finished base of the new floor:)
Next step will be fitting the electrics for the wall plugs and then putting up the insulated plasterboards. We will also be fitting a second super secure steel door behind the entrance door.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink